Presentations in conferences and events
- 51st IATEFL Annual Conference. Joint presentation with Eduardo Lima: Reading film narratives. LitSIG Pre-Conference Event. Glasgow, April 2017.
- British Council Madrid Event. Workshop: When shall we three meet again? In the classroom, online, and on the stage. British Council Madrid School. December 2016.
- 7th British Shakespeare Association Conference. Talk: To Be and Not To Be: A dialogical analysis of life and death in Hamlet. University of Hull. September 2016.
- IATEFL MA TESOL Event. Talk: Weaving your web - building your academic and professional networks. University of Warwick. August 2016.
- 15th BRAZ-TESOL International Conference. Plenary Speaker: Shakespeare Lives in the English Language. Sponsored by the British Council. Brasilia, Brazil. July 2016.
- 50th IATEFL Annual Conference. British Council Signature Event - Panelist: Shakespeare Lives: love, hate, death and desire in the English language classroom. Sponsored by the British Council. Birmingham, April 2016.
- 50th IATEFL Annual Conference. Workshop: A Feast of Languages - Shakespeare in the ELT Classroom. Sponsored by Macmillan. Birmingham, April 2016.
- St Andrews 2016 EAP Conference. Talk: Combining Literature and Language in undergraduate modules for international students. University of St Andrews, February 2016.
- British Council Webinar Series. Teaching Shakespeare to Language Learners. Online, January 2016.
- NATESOL 2015 Conference. Plenary: The importance of reading literature in English language teacher education. Manchester, June 2015.
- Creativity in Language Teaching Event. Panel and workshop. Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, May 2015.
- BALEAP 2015 Conference. Talk: Using Blackboard to promote the development of writing skills. Leicester, April 2015.
- 49th IATEFL Annual Conference. Talk: The roles of extensive reading in teacher education. Manchester, April 2015.
- 49th IATEFL Annual Conference. Literature, Media and Cultural Studies SIG Pre-Conference Event. Workshop: Exploring language with Dylan Thomas. Manchester, April 2015.
- 48th IATEFL Annual Conference. Talk: Creative Reading in Teacher Development, as part of the Symposium Creativity for a Change. Harrogate, April 2014.
- Innovation in EAP Conference. Talk: Training EAP teachers in a distance learning programme. University of St Andrews, Scotland, March 2014.
- OU Research Poster Competition. Poster: Narratives from an online reading group for English language teachers worldwide: a case study on dialogue and online interaction. Open University, Milton Keynes, June 2013.
- 47th IATEFL Annual Conference. Workshop: Will & The Web – Shakespeare and the Internet. Liverpool, March 2013.
- British Council Dickens Bicentenary Event. Workshop: Our faithful Friend and Servant. British Council, London, December 2012.
- Cutting Edge Conference. Talk: Narratives from an Online Reading Group. Canterbury Christ Church University, Canterbury, July 2012.
- Kaleidoscope Conference. Poster presentation: Narratives from an Online Reading Group. University of Cambridge, Cambridge, June 2012.
- 46th IATEFL Annual Conference. Talk: Reading and Discussing Literature Online. Glasgow, March 2012.
- STORIES Conference. Talk: Narratives from an Online Reading Group. School of Education. University of Oxford, Oxford, March 2012.
- BALEAP PIM. Talk: Tutors and Students’ Perceptions of Effective Classroom Learning. University of Leicester, June 2011.
- IATEFL Literature, Media and Cultural Studies SIG Event on Contemporary Poetry. Workshop: Personal Echoes in Poetry Reading. British Council, London, November 2010.
- 44th IATEFL Annual Conference. Workshop: Imagination in English Language Teacher Education. Harrogate, April 2010.
- 43rd IATEFL Annual Conference. Symposium Speaker: The Art and Artistry of ELT. Cardiff, April 2009.
- Culture Lane Conference. Plenary Speaker: Culture Inside & Outside the Classroom. Radom, Poland, March 2009.
- British Council Equal Opportunities and Diversity Seminar. Connecting with Critical Literacy and Classroom Practice. British Council, London, February 2009.
- APIRS 2008 Convention. Talk: ELT e-Reading Group – Connecting teachers and Texts. PUC, Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 2008.
- 42nd IATEFL Annual Conference. Talk: Critical Literacy – Explore the Possibilities. Exeter, April 2008.
- 42nd IATEFL Annual Conference. Literature, Media and Cultural Studies Pre-conference Event. Talk: Connecting Teachers and Texts. Exeter, April 2008.
- Global Citizenship Education Seminars. Keynote speaker. Lima, Trujillo and Cajamarca, Peru, February 2008.
- 7th Southern Cone TESOL Convention. Workshop: Critical Literacy in ELT. Buenos Aires, Argentina, July 2007.
- APIRS – APLISC – APLIEPAR 2007 Convention. Workshop: Reading Words and the World. PUC, Porto Alegre, Brazil, July 2007.
- Critical Literacy in ELT Seminars. Facilitator/Keynote Speaker. Lima and Cajamarca, Peru, October 2006.
- 10th Braz-Tesol National Conference. Talk: Conflicts between Teaching English Literature and English Language. Brasilia, Brazil, July 2006.